* 1 chicken carcass
* 1 bay leaf
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 onion, diced
* 3 shallots, diced
* 2 cubes chicken bouillon, crumbled
* 2 tablespoons dried parsley
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
* 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
* 2 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Place chicken carcass (and any leftover skin and meat and other bones) in a large pot and cover with cold water. Add bay leaf, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 60 to 90 minutes. Remove from heat, cool slightly, and strain. Remove chicken meat from carcass, and chop into bite-size pieces.
2. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and shallots in butter until translucent. Pour in strained broth and chicken meat and stir in bouillon, parsley, salt, pepper, potatoes and corn. Simmer 15 minutes, until potatoes are cooked and corn is tender. Remove from heat and stir in cream.
Slow Cooker Taco Soup
* 1 pound ground beef
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 (16 ounce) can chili beans, with liquid
* 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
* 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
* 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
* 2 cups water
* 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
* 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
* 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1. In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef until browned over medium heat. Drain, and set aside.
2. Place the ground beef, onion, chili beans, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, water, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.
Butternut Squash Soup
* 6 tablespoons chopped onion
* 4 tablespoons margarine
* 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
* 3 cups water
* 4 cubes chicken bouillon
* 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
* 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
2. Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.