There are many types of spas — and it’s important to understand the difference so you get the experience you’re looking for. In general, a spa is a place where you can receive spa treatments, most commonly massage , facials, and body treatments . Spas are devoted to enhancing your health and well-being — though medical spas have a stronger focus
Here’s a guide to the different types of spas:
- Day Spa. It offers spa treatments exclusively on a day-use basis. Many also offer salon services. Size and character can vary widely. The important thing here is to find out if the day spa is separated from the noisier salon environment.
- Destination Spa. Its sole purpose is to help you lead a healthier lifestyle through spa treatments, exercise, and educational programming. You stay at least two nights. Some have minimum stays of three or seven nights. Spa cuisine is served exclusively.
- Resort/Hotel Spa. It is located within a resort or hotel. It offers spa services, fitness classes and spa cuisine alongside less health choices like steaks and burgers. It’s a good choice when one person wants spa and the other golf. It also works for business travelers and families.
- Medical Spa. It offers treatments that require a doctor’s supervision, such as laser resurfacing and Botox injections. It also offers spa treatments.
- Mineral Springs Spa. It has natural mineral, thermal or seawater that is used in hydrotherapy treatments.
- Club Spa. A day spa located in a fitness facility or health club.
- Cruise Ship Spa Aboard a cruise ship that provides spa treatments, fitness and wellness components and spa cuisine menu choices.
- Airport Spa It is located in an airport and specializes in short treatments aimed at the traveler, like 15-minute chair massage and oxygen therapy. Some also offer longer treatments.
12 thoughts on “Different types of Spa and their meaning”
Amazing freakin blog here. I almost cried while reading it!
Been looking for this article for long time ago and finally found here. thanks for sharing this post. appreciate!
Cool article. Very interesting.
Good post but I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this subject?
I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Many thanks!
Ahaa, its good discussion about this piece of writing at
this place at this weblog, I have read all that, so at
this time me also commenting at this place.
Thank you for every other informative website. The place else could I am getting
that type of information written in such a perfect means?
I have a project that I am just now operating on, and
I have been at the look out for such information.
Does your blog have a contact page? I’m having a tough time locating it but, I’d like to send you an email.
I’ve got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.
Hey there, You have done a great job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I’m sure they’ll be benefited from this site.
Admiring the persistence you put into your
blog and in depth information you present. It’s good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date
rehashed material. Great read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m
including your RSS feeds to my Google account.
Hey there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
There’s a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thanks
This is my first time pay a quick visit at
here and i am in fact happy to read everthing at alone place.
Hi are using WordPress for your site platform?
I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and create
my own. Do you need any coding expertise to make your own blog?
Any help would be really appreciated!