Eating at a restaurant doesn’t mean you have no chance to consume healthy food. It is true that when you eat out you can’t choose the ingredients and prepare the food the way you want, but you still have some options for a healthy and balanced meal.
The basic recommendations are to choose meals that are not very fatty and that do not contain lots of salt and sugar.
Here is a more detailed list of the foods you should avoid eating at restaurants if you want to follow a healthy and balanced diet:
– avoid battered dishes like sweet and soured pork or scampi, and deep-fried dishes such as doughnuts and samosas
– pies, bacon, sausages are not among the recommended foods
– limit the consummation of pastries and croissants
– do not eat sugar coated breakfast cereals
– do not order ice-cream, cakes puddings, sweets, biscuits as they contain lots of sugar
– avoid cream and cheese sauces
– if you eat vegetable salad it should not be served with butter or buttery sauces, oily dressings, mayonnaise, etc.
– fried rice is also not a good choice
– avoid chips and creamy potatoes
In addition to following these tips, you should not eat large meals and overeat. As we all know, proper proportion are the key to the healthy diet.