Coffee is a very popular and widely used drink but in the past it hadn’t been considered good for our health. On the contrary, it was believed that coffee affects our health and its long-term usage may cause various medical problems. However, recent studies show that coffee is not as unhealthy as it was considered.
The two main ingredients of coffee that are beneficial for our health are antioxidants and caffeine. Both substances can improve the health and possess anti-aging properties. Antioxidants are known to support your body in the repair of damaged cells affected by free radicals. Caffeine possesses the ability to fight certain effects of Parkinson’s Diseases, as well as other aging problems.
So, here are some of the health benefits of coffee:
– Coffee lowers the risk of heart problems and especially of stroke – according to a recent study coffee reduces the risk of stroke up to 25 % in women and men. This result should be further studied.
– Coffee soother pain in the muscles – if you drink a coffer prior to a workout in the gym, you can prevent muscle pain and soreness.
– Coffee improves memory – new tests have found that caffeine has a beneficial effect on the process of thinking and improves memory.
– Coffee limits the risk of various diseases – the antioxidants found in coffee are known to reduce the risk of different diseases, including diabetes, gallstones, Parkinson’s and some cancer types. In addition coffee can prevent cavities and can sooth asthma symptoms.
– Coffee is powerful energy booster – this drink can enhance endurance and increase your levels of energy.
Just like tea, coffee has numerous health benefits but it shouldn’t be accept as some kind of a miracle drink. Excessive coffee consumption may cause headaches, problems with the digestive system, high blood pleasure and sleeplessness. That is why you shouldn’t drink too much coffee. Limit its intake to about 300 mg per day.