SharAmbrosia Honey Almond Scrub
This is a Honey Almond scrub with a Peppermint twist! This product will exfoliate your skin to help make it smoother and softer.
4 T Almond meal (sometimes called Almond flour)
2 T Jojoba oil
4 T Honey
5 drops of Peppermint essential oil
In a 4 oz cobalt or amber glass jar (preferably) pour in the Almond meal and Jojoba oil. Stir well. Then mix in the Honey and Peppermint essential oil. Keep stirring until the mixture is completely mixed.
To use: Cleanse skin first. Apply about a teaspoon amount of the scrub to a moistened face. Mix with water to make it a more fluid application (do not add water to the jar). Scrub the skin gently, letting the almond meal do the work (harder pressure will only damage capillaries!). Massage every square inch of skin except the delicate eye tissue. Remove with a warm washcloth. Be careful to remove every bit of the scrub. Apply a tonic or hydrosol with a cotton ball to remove any excess product. Finish by applying your moisturizer. Use about once a week to help keep the skin soft and smooth and relieve surface tension.
SharAmbrosia Kelp Firming Masque
This mask treatment will help to soften and firm your skin at the same time.
3 T Yogurt
1 tsp. Organic Powdered Kelp
1 tsp. Honey
Place 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt into a small dish. Add the powdered Kelp, stir well. Add the honey and stir until all three ingredients are blended into a smooth consistency. To use: Cleanse face, apply the mask all over face, neck and shoulder area. Massage lightly (the Kelp acts as beauty grains to promote exfoliation). Leave on for about 5-10 minutes. Remove with a warm washcloth. Use a tonic or hydrosol on a cotton ball for complete removal. Apply your moisturizer as usual. Kelp contains iodine, so those with iodine allergies should not use this mask.
Spa Index Papaya Pumpkin Facial
If you have visited spas and resorts in exotic locales such as the Pacific Rim, Bali, Hawaii, and Tahiti, you’ve probably seen a facialist select and mash fresh fruit in front of you for a fresh-on-the spot enzyme mask. It’s easy to recreate this mask at home — we’ve found a Balinese mask for you which will leave your face fresh and glowing.
2/3 cup fresh papaya, mashed
15 oz. can pure pumpkin
1 egg, beaten
1. Prepare the mask. Cut the papaya in half and scoop out the seeds. Scoop out the papaya fruit and mash it well to eliminate lumps in the mask. Beat the egg until it is frothy. Combine that with the papaya. Add the pumpkin to the egg/papaya mixture and whip together. You can also mix the ingredients in the blender or a food processor for an extra smooth mask.
2. Prepare your face. Wash with your daily cleanser and remove all residual makeup on your skin. Rinse with warm water. It’s very important to have clean skin to ensure you get maximum benefits from the facial.
3. Apply the Mask. Cover your entire face, being careful to avoid the immediate eye area. If you have sensitive skin, test the mixture on your hand before spreading it on your face. You’ll feel some tingling as the enzymes in the pumpkin go to work immediately — gently exfoliating your top layer of skin. It works like a scrub without being abrasive to your skin. Leave the mask on for 10 minutes.
4. Rinse Off Mask. After you’ve relaxed for ten minutes it’s time to rinse. The mask is fairly thick — head for the kitchen sink.
5. Apply Toner & Moisturizer.
Strawberry Cream (for oily or normal skin)
1/2 oz. white beesw
1 1/2 oz. sweet almond oil
1 oz. apricot kernel oil
1 oz. strawberry juice (or apricot or peach or honey-dew melon)
8 drops tincture of benzoin (known to be STRONG sensitizer)
Wash, drain, and mash 4-5 large strawberries. Squeeze out the juice and strain through muslin or cheesecloth. Heat the beeswax and the oils together in a double boiler until the wax is melted. Remove from the heat and add the juice quickly. Beat the mixture until it is fluffy. Add the benzoin and beat until it is cool. You must beat the mixture until it cools or else it will separate.
Thyme and Fennel Seed Cleanser (for normal skin)
Fennel has been used throughout history as an aid to digestion or as a slight diuretic. As an infusion, fennel seeds can be gently cleansing and toning for the skin, and they can help reduce puffiness and superficial irritation. Thyme, which is used in antiseptic preparations, is a good astringent. Because this cleanser is very gentle, it can be used each morning. Dab it on your face and neck with a cotton ball, and rinse.
2 sprigs fresh thyme, crumbled (or 1/2 T dried Thyme)
2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
1/2 cup boiling water
Juice of Half Lemon
Mix the thyme and fennel seed in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Add lemon juice and steep for 15 minutes. Strain the infusion and store the liquid in a jar, in the refrigerator.
1 thought on “Make at your home masks for beautiful face”
I was just searching for this info for some time. After
six hours of continuous Googleing, at last I got it in your site.
I wonder what is the lack of Google strategy that don’t rank
this type of informative sites in top of the list.
Usually the top websites are full of garbage.