In this case, the skin looks withered, a condition caused primarily by a deficiency in nutritional components. The skin appears looser and thinner, elastic fibres degenerate due to water loss while fat tissue reduce in thickness, causing ageing and a breakdown in the skin’s elasticity. There is a dramatic reduction in oil production, thus causing dryness. To make matters worse, blood circulation is reduced due to cholesterol deposits in the arterioles.
Getting older also means that the skin also starts to get older and certain changes takes place in the skin. The skin shows drastic changed like it becomes wrinkled intensely, dry and various spots and certain growths occur. Apart from all these the healing time for the skin also takes long.
Ageing plays a major role in changing the skin texture and is also a long process. As the age increases, the estrogen levels as well as the moisture balance of the skin starts to decrease. This is the reason for the skin to loose its elasticity as well as the firmness. The circulation of blood on the surface of the skin decreases as the protecting layer of the skin known as the lipid layer becomes thinner. Then, the defense mechanism of the skin also starts subsiding slowly as the cellular renewal deteriorates.
Many of the skin changes for mature skin are unavoidable, natural and above all it is harmless. But some others prove to be painful such as skin cancers and other serious and dreadful situations. But it is also proven that most of the skin hazards for mature skin could be prevented to certain extend. There are therapies which are available for all skin type.
WRINKLES – problem of mature skin
Wrinkles appear as a result of the weakening of the collagen and elastin fibres which are the ones that keep the skin firm. It looses fat and looks loose and thinner. Therefore it is known to be less smooth and plump. As a result the skin sags and moreover the gravity plays a major role in making it sag a little more.
Causes of Wrinkles
1. Sun is known to be the most important of all the skin damages and it the major one responsible for ageing of the skin. The intensity of wrinkles produced depends largely on the exposure of the skin to the sun in the lifetime.
2. Cigarette smoking is yet another cause of wrinkles.
3. Wrinkling is also known to be hereditary and also has a major effect to be played with the features of the parents.
PREVENTION OF WRINKLES
There are several ways to prevent the formation of wrinkles caused by sun. For this very purpose effort has to be taken from the beginning which is in from the childhood itself.
1. Always opt for sunscreen with SPF which is at least 15
2. Stop deliberate sunbathing.
3. Use a hat with a brim and along with other clothing to protect against sun.
4. Always make sure not to expose yourself to the sun between 10 in the morning to three in the evening.
5. Always remember that exposure to the sun at the teenage or as a child will have drastic effect and will show up while you are on your thirties, forties or even at fifties.
Starting now or never is the most important aspect. If you have not started protecting now, start right now as it can also show some results.
TIPS TO ENHANCE SKIN CARE FOR MATURE SKIN
1. Quit smoking as it has been proved to be the major cause for ageing of the skin. Hence quitting at the very point could make you even younger and safe.
2. Well balanced diet is very important. If you include multivitamin in it, then it is considered to be the perfect one. With a healthy and balanced diet, the skin gets all that is needed by it and always repairs the skin and keeps the skin look young and healthy always. It also protects the skin from sun damage as well as other environmental damages.