We all wonder what food is healthy and what we should eat to keep our body in perfect condition. Choosing the food we eat is often a difficult task. The following list of foods contains the top ten healthier foods that will provide all nutrients needed by the body and will improve our health.
1) Sweet potatoes – potatoes are among the most nutritional foods. This vegetable is a rich source of carotenoids, vitamin C, potassium and fiber.
2) Grape tomatoes – these are sweeter and firmer than common tomatoes. Their small size makes them perfect for snacking or salads. They contain vitamin C and A, fiber and phytochemicals.
3) Fat-free or 1% low-fat milk – they contain a lot of calcium, vitamins and protein and in the same time have just little or no fat and cholesterol.
4) Broccoli – this vegetable is a source of vitamin C, carotenoids and folic acid.
5) Wild Salmon – this fish contains the healthy omega-3 fats that significantly reduce the risk of heart attacks.
6) Whole grains – they contain a lot of fiber and are free of fat.
7) Brown rice – it is a good source of fiber, magnesium, vitamins E and B-6, copper, zinc and phytochemicals.
8) Citrus fruits – they have great taste and are rich in vitamin C, folic acid and fiber.
9) Squash – baked or as a soup, it contains a lot of vitamins A and C, as well as fiber.
10) Spinach and kale – these leafy vegetables are rich in vitamins A, C and K, folate, potassium, magnesium, iron, lutein and phytochemicals.
Try to include these ten foods in your dietary regime and you will have a healthy body, full of energy and vigor.