* 1/2 cup flaked coconut
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 2 cups white sugar
* 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
* 3 eggs
* 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 cup blueberries
* 2 diced bananas
* 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
* 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Process coconut in blender until powdered. Grease pan with butter and sprinkle with powdered coconut.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Add flour mixture and mix by hand until combined. Gently stir in berries, bananas, pineapple and pecans. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
* 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
* 1 cup vanilla soy milk
* 1/3 cup honey
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 1/4 cup chopped almonds
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, soy milk, honey and canola oil. Pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Scoop ice cream into serving bowls, and garnish with chopped almonds.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake
* 1 (18 ounce) package small chocolate chip cookies
* 1/4 cup margarine, melted
* 1 cup hot fudge topping
* 2 quarts vanilla ice cream
* 1 cup whipped cream
* 12 cherries
1. Crush half the cookies (about 20) to make crumbs. Combine crumbs with melted margarine and press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan or pie plate. Stand remaining cookies around edge of pan. Spread 3/4 cup fudge topping over crust. Freeze 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, soften 1 quart of ice cream in microwave or on countertop. After crust has chilled, spread softened ice cream over fudge layer. Freeze 30 minutes.
3. Scoop remaining quart of ice cream into balls and arrange over spread ice cream layer. Freeze until firm, 4 hours or overnight. To serve, garnish with remainder of fudge topping, whipped cream and cherries.
* 4 cups fresh peaches – peeled, pitted and sliced
* 1 cup fresh raspberries
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
* 2 tablespoons butter, softened and cut into pieces
* 1 tablespoon coarse granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Place peaches and berries in a colander for about 15 minutes to drain any excess fluid , then transfer to a large bowl. Gently toss with sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Transfer to a pie crust. Dot with butter, and top with remaining crust. Cut vents in top crust, and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
3. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until crust is golden brown.
* 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
* 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
* 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
* 2 cups fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries, thawed
* 2 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
* 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
* 1 cup seedless green grapes
* 1 cup seedless red grapes
* fresh mint
1. Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice; refrigerate pineapple. add water to juice if necessary to measure 3/4 cup. In a bowl, combine the juice, crushed pineapple, sour cream and pudding mix until blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
2. In a large bowl, combine the bananas, blueberries, peaches, strawberries, grapes and pineapple chunks. Spread pudding mixture over the top. Garnish with mint if desired.
* 1 (14 ounce) can fat free sweetened condensed milk
* 1 (8 ounce) carton non-fat reduced sugar lemon yogurt
* 1/3 cup lemon juice
* 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
* 1 (8 ounce) container reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
* 1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix, prepared and cut into 1-inch cubes
* 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
* 1 cup fresh blueberries
* 1 cup fresh raspberries
* 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
1. In a large bowl, combine the milk, yogurt, lemon juice and peel. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
2. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or deep salad bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, a third of the lemon mixture and all of the strawberries. Repeat cake and lemon mixture layers. Top with blueberries and remaining cake cubes and lemon mixture. Sprinkle with raspberries.
3. Spread remaining whipped topping over berries; sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Nutritional Analysis: 1 serving equals 203 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 181 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
1 thought on “Best summer desserts ever”
That was a really interesting read about Best summer desserts ever