If you’re already considered having a Botox procedure, these are the 13 Botox myths you should probably not take seriously.
- Botox is Toxic is just but a rumor. However, like any other medication approved by the FDA, this is a relatively safe treatment for facial wrinkles and frown lines. But only large amounts can prove dangerous.
- Botox is Permanent. No! Everyone metabolizes Botox differently but within three to six months, it should be completely out of your system.
- Currently, there is no serum, cream, or facial available in the market that can penetrate the skin deep enough to exert action at the level of the muscle.
- Getting Botox is not Painful although some patients have reported little discomfort during the procedure.
- The Botox chemicals are not additives as they wear off within three to six months of injection.
- The treatment requires an expert to produce good results and ensure your safety.
- Different from fillers because one helps to prevent and reduce frown lines and the other volumize and balance your face.
- The procedure doesn’t have a recovery time.
- The chemicals don’t accumulate in the body as they incrementally decrease daily.
- Treatment won’t affect your emotion look
- The procedure is not just for cosmetic purposes but also for medical treatment of wrinkles, overactive bladder, and neck spasms.
- Botox is a procedure for both men and women.
- Botox isn’t a magic pill and can take a couple of days to see results.