Everyone wants to look and feel their best. In 2012, Americans spent about $11 billion on about 14.6 million cosmetic surgery procedures. Our self-image directly impacts how confident we feel with ourselves, and our confidence is often related to our level success. Cosmetic surgery can be an effective option to revitalize our outer appearance and boost our confidence.
If you’re insecure about signs of aging and drooping in your skin, a facelift can help rejuvenate your face to appear more youthful. Here are five facts about facelifts that you should know before pursuing a facelift procedure:
1. Facelifts don’t always require surgery: While a surgical facelift is the only way to effectively lift and tighten skin on the face, there are now alternatives available for those who don’t want to undergo surgery. There are a variety of non surgical facelift options, including skin-firming treatments, hand-held electromagnetic “facelifts in a box,” cosmetic acupuncture and more. These non surgical facelift procedures can usually be done from home, and temporarily firm skin and make it appear youthful.
2. They’re more popular than you think: More and more people are deciding that a facelift is right for them — in 2011, there was approximately a 6 percent increase in the number of facelifts performed in the U.S., and in 2013 about 133,000 people opted to have facelifts.
3. Facelifts are for all genders: A facelift for men is exactly the same as a facelift for women. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with getting a facelift if you’re a man.
4. Recovery time is relatively short: Overall, the facelift for men and women has a recovery period of about four to six weeks. You’ll be able to bounce back fast from your surgery looking youthful and better than ever.
5. They’re a little expensive: You can expect a facelift surgery cost to be anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000. While it’s an expensive procedure, it’s extremely important to get the procedure from the best cosmetic surgeon, not necessarily the cheapest. Find more on this here: lvbsa.com