Quick and Easy Stuffed Peppers
* 2 large red bell peppers, halved and seeded
* 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
* 1/3 cup quick-cooking brown rice
* 2 tablespoons hot water
* 2 green onions, thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
* 1/2 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
* 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. Arrange pepper halves in a 9 inch square glass baking dish. Cover dish with plastic wrap. Poke a few holes in the plastic wrap for vents, and heat 4 minutes in the microwave, or until tender.
2. In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes and their liquid, rice, and water. Cover with plastic, and cook in the microwave for 4 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
3. Stir green onions, corn, kidney beans, and red pepper flakes into the tomato mixture. Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, or until heated through.
4. Spoon hot tomato mixture evenly into pepper halves, and cover with plastic wrap. Poke a few holes in the plastic to vent steam, and heat in the microwave 4 minutes. Remove plastic, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese, and allow to stand 1 to 2 minutes before serving.
Vegan Bean Taco Filling
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 onion, diced
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 bell pepper, chopped
* 2 (14.5 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained, and mashed
* 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
* 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon chili powder
* 1 cup salsa
1. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, garlic, and bell pepper; cook until tender. Stir in mashed beans. Add the cornmeal. Mix in cumin, paprika, cayenne, chili powder, and salsa. Cover, and cook 5 minutes.
Vegetable Medley I
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 yellow squash, sliced
* 2 zucchini, sliced
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 green bell pepper, chopped
* 2 cloves crushed garlic
* 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
* 2 teaspoons dried oregano
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a large saute pan heat olive oil over medium heat. Add squash, zucchini, onion, green bell pepper, and garlic. Saute until all vegetables are soft. Add tomatoes with juice. Season with basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
3. Transfer ingredients to a glass baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake another 10 minutes.