* 4 bags of Chamomile tea (or 1 handful of fresh Chamomile flowers)
* 4 tablespoons pure soap flakes
* 1 1/2 tablespoons glycerin*
Let the tea bags steep in 1 1/2 cups of boiled water for 10 minutes. Remove the tea bags and with the remaining liquid add the soap flakes. Let stand until the soap softens. Stir in glycerin until mixture is well blended. Pour into a bottle. Keep in a dark, cool place.
Soapwart Shampoo Recipe
Suitable for all hair types. Soapwart (Saponaria officinalis) contains saponins which is similar to soap. It lathers when agitated.
Lemon Verbena for a citrus fragrance and catnip to promote healthy hair growth
* 2 cups distilled water
* 1 1/2 tablespoons dried soapwart root (chopped) (most health food stores would carry this)
* 2 teaspoons Lemon Verbena or 2 teaspoons Catnip
Bring water to a boil add soapwart and simmer, cover for about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, add herb then allow mixture to cool. Strain the mixture keeping the liquid. Pour into a bottle. Makes enough for 6-7 shampoos. Must be used within 8-10 days. Store in a cool dark place.
Dry Shampoo Recipe
Cornstarch is used to absorb the hairs oils.
* 1/2 cup Cornstarch
Sprinkle the cornstarch in your hair, let it absorb for a few minutes, brush it out. This is great if you are in a pinch.