Avocado Butter Booty Balm is a fabulous soft salve that is great at protecting baby’s bottom. Massage a bit during the diaper change to a clean bottom to place a barrier between her skin and a soiled diaper.
.02 ounces (about 1 teaspoon) lanolin
1/2 ounce (about 6 teaspoons) sweet almond oil
.06 ounces (about 3 teaspoons) calendula infused extra virgin olive oil
.09 ounces (about 4 level teaspoons) avocado butter
just under 1/4 ounce (about 3 teaspoons) beeswax
1. You can use plain extra virgin olive oil for this recipe if you don’t have oil infused with calendula.) Combine all ingredients together in a Pyrex measuring cup with a pour spout. Place the cup of ingredients in a hot water bath until the wax is nearly melted.
2. Once the wax is nearly melted, remove the cup from the water bath and stir with a clean utensil (I often use pop sickle sticks) to ensure an even mixture.
3. Add essential oil last and stir well to incorporate. Pour into jars and allow to cool before capping.
4. To use, after baby’s bottom is wiped clean, place some Avocado Butter Booty Balm on your fingers and massage gently onto baby’s skin. Secure the diaper and that’s it! The balm will provide a nice barrier between baby’s skin and whatever comes out of baby next. It will help prevent diaper rash and expedite healing of the skin if it is red and irritated from wiping.
Homemade belly cream
6 grams jojoba oil
36 grams extra virgin olive oil
10 grams avocado oil
4 grams cocoa butter
5 grams distilled water
1 gram (about 1 teaspoon) borax
2 grams vegetable glycerin
1. Combine oils and cocoa butter in a heat proof cup. Place the cup inside a pan of boiling water and melt together the oils and waxes. Remove from heat and stir with a pop sickle stick to combine the ingredients.
2. Place water, borax and glycerin in a separate heat proof cup. Place the cup inside a pan of boiling water until the borax is dissolved. Remove from heat. Stir with a pop sickle stick to ensure the mix.
3. Using a hand-held electric mixer, begin mixing the oils and waxes. Add water mixture and blend on medium speed until My First Belly Cream forms, about 6-10 minutes. Pour mixture into clean cosmetic jars and cap after a few minutes. Store in refrigerator between uses and dispense with a cosmetic spatula or pop sickle stick to avoid dipping your fingers in the mixture and increasing chances of contamination. Enjoy!
Calendula Avocado Baby Cream
4 tablespoons herbal tea infusion (I used calendula)
2 tablespoons beeswax
2 tablespoons anhydrous lanolin
2 tablespoon avocado oil
scant 1/4 teaspoon borax
1. Make the tea using boiling hot water and set it aside.
2. Place the beeswax, lanolin, oil and borax in a heat proof measuring cup and place it in a pan of boiling water. When the wax is nearly melted, remove from heat. Stir the mixture to make sure the wax is completely melted.
3. Using an electric mixer, begin mixing the oil/wax mixture while it is still hot. Add the hot tea while mixing. Blend for about 1 minute, by which time the salve should be whipped and creamy.
4. Pour into a jar and allow to cool before capping. Use within a month or so. To extend shelf life, store in the refrigerator between uses or add the preservative of your choice. Enjoy!!