Healthier Seven Layer Taco Dip
* 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
* 1 (16 ounce) can no fat added refried beans
* 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese, softened
* 1 (16 ounce) container lite sour cream
* 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
* 1 large tomato, chopped
* 1 green bell pepper, chopped
* 1 red bell pepper, chopped
* 1 bunch chopped green onions
* 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
* 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
* 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1. In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
2. Mix the sour cream and neufchatel cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans.
3. Top the layers with salsa. Place a layer of tomato, bell peppers, green onions and lettuce over the salsa, and top with Cheddar cheese. Garnish with black olives.
* 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
* 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
* 1/3 cup chopped green onions
* 6 pita bread
* 10 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomato
* 2 tablespoons capers, drained
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Stir together cream cheese, sour cream and green onions. Spread mixture evenly on top of whole pita rounds. Place rounds on lightly greased baking sheets and bake in preheated oven for 7 to 8 minutes.
3. Transfer warm pitas to a serving platter, sprinkle with salmon and garnish with diced tomatoes and capers.
* 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
* 1 teaspoon butter
* 1 tablespoon milk
* 1 tablespoon dry onion soup mix
* curry powder to taste
* 20 wonton wrappers
* sesame oil for brushing
1. Simmer sweet potatoes with a little water until very soft. Drain, and mash with butter, milk, onion soup mix, and curry powder.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
3. Place about 1 teaspoon of the sweet potato mixture into the center of each wonton wrapper. Brush two adjacent edges of wrapper with water, fold into a triangle, and press the edges together to seal. Brush both sides with sesame oil. Place the samosas on a baking sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, then turn over, and bake for 5 minutes more.