Sensitive skin is seen in many of people these and it is the most fragile kind of skin type. It is easily prone to irritation like stinging, chafing and even itching. It has to be taken special care always. After each wash the sensitive skin feels dry and itchy at places. As the day advances and by the midday there is a presence of flaky patches as well as redness seen. It is also prone to break out into spots. Those having sensitive skin will not be able to use every cosmetic available in the market. Therefore a patch test is recommended always before using any kind of cosmetic.
After knowing about the skin whether it is sensitive or not, you have to be very careful in choosing the products for your skin. Always be keen and take the right precautions. Always check out for the safest products in the outlet. Use cosmetics which are alcohol free, emulsifier free and even fragrance free skin and face care products.
Sensitive Skin Care
Never use any facial washes or soap on the face as the skin is very fragile and could lead to irritations and discomfort at times. But instead of this you can easily use light and hypo allergic cleansing lotions. A moisturizer could do the right job by making your soft and supple and also by acting as a barrier against irritants. While using the moisturizer also you have to be very careful as to use those creams which are unperfumed so that it will not result in irritating your skin.
DO’s AND DON’Ts
1. Take allergy patch test always on your inner arm every time you are tempted to buy a new product in the market. If your skin starts burning or itching within minutes of applying a product, wash it off immediately.
2. Every six months, throw out all bacteria-collecting products like eyeliner and mascara.
3. Never use any article where the oil and water mixture has separated or where the colors are clearly separating. Keep soothing lotions like rose water and witch hazel at hand.
4. If you find yourself reacting to sunscreen products, try a sunscreen that is water-resistant rather than water proof, as the former contains less synthetic oils. The more your sunscreen, the better; it’s the chemical ingredients that cause sensitivity problems.
5. While sorting out the cosmetic products always check out for hypo allergic range and keep the use of chemical-based products to a minimum.
1. Never ever start with any cosmetic product on your face unless you are sure after the patch allergy test.
2. Never expose your skin to radiation and do not go out under the sun without a sunscreen lotion.
With little care and caution, there is no reason why as sensitive skin cannot be as artfully made up as a normal skin. There is always a need of being aware of the sensitivity of the skin and to what products it is reacts and to which it does not. Knowing your skin more than anything else would let you make a perfect skin for yourself with mind blowing beauty and care. The allergic patch test is known to be the best tests which would help you in a long way to recognize those products which your skin loves and those which your skin hates. Thus letting you understand about it well and to study about it more deeply to create a beautiful and healthy skin that would remain the same for long.