* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 2 1/4 cups white sugar
* 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 cups grated zucchini
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
4. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.
Healthy Snacks: Yogurt Parfaits
When it’s not quite hot enough for a frozen treat, yogurt parfaits are a cool and healthy snack.
Use low-fat yogurt and see if you can get away with the plain flavored variety, letting fruit be the source of sweetness (mash up some bananas or berries with a fork and mix with the yogurt).
Start with tall, clear glasses and let kids create their own parfait, layering spoonfuls of yogurt, fruit, granola, and other fun foods. Most ingredients can be store-bought, but try making your own granola!
Honey Nut Granola
* 4 cups rolled oats
* 1 cup sliced almonds
* 1 cup chopped pecans
* 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
* 1/3 cup canola oil
* 1/2 cup honey
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, stir oats, nuts and sunflower kernels together. In a separate bowl, mix together oil, honey, vanilla and cinnamon. Add to dry ingredients; mix well. Spread mixture onto two ungreased baking sheets.
3. Bake in preheated oven, for 10 minutes, remove from oven and stir. Return to oven and continue baking until golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely before storing.
* 1/2 cup margarine, softened
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/2 cups mashed banana
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9×5 inch pan.
2. Cream margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, then bananas. Add flour and soda, stirring just until combined.
3. Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1 hour (or till toothpick comes out clean). Remove from pan and let cool, store in refrigerator or freeze.